I’ve been nominated by the lovely Homebird Hang-Ups and Kate Carter for the Sunshine Blogger Awards. I can’t thank them enough for the support as a new blogger and so, below I have responded to Homebird Hang-Ups questions and nominated some of my favourite bloggers.
The rules are:
1. Thank the blogger (s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and / or blog!
Below are the questions I’ve been asked to respond to (all would you rather and why).
1. Have unlimited time or unlimited money?
I would rather have unlimited money of course. I might have limited time on earth but I’d be able to make the most of my days, travel and live lavishly. I would also be able to provide financial support to my friends and family and leave a legacy to charity.
2. Be stranded in the sea or the desert?
In the desert. Not an easy question to answer and I absolutely love swimming in the sea but, I’m not that strong. I doubt I’d be able to survive for long in the water and would have a better chance on land.
3. Join the circus or be kidnapped by aliens?
Join the circus. Being kidnapped by aliens seems a lot more scary. The fear of the unknown I guess but, if I was in the circus I could possibly train to be an acrobat or help with costumes if I was able to befriend my kidnappers of course.
4. Fast forward to the future or go back in time?
Future please. Only about 5 years of so, but I’m always thinking about my future. I think about my partner and wonder where I’ll be. I want a nice home, a job I love and to not be renting anymore. I want kids and a nice garage for my partner to keep his nice car.
5. Live without books or TV?
Without books. I feel so bad saying that. I love reading at the moment but I’m always always watching TV. Reading is something I dip in and out of and TV is something I rely quite heavily on to relax.
6. Run 25 miles or walk 50?
Walk 50. I love walking. Running has never been my thing but walking is something I always try to participate in as often as possible. There’s so many nice places to explore and if I was running I wouldn’t be able to stop and to appreciate them.
7. Be a celebrity or a politician?
Celebrity. I’m not a genius in the kitchen by any means but I’d love to be a celebrity chef. I would like a big fancy kitchen with all of the gadgets in the world, to be a judge on Masterchef or something and have a cook book.
8. Give up chocolate or caffeine?
Caffeine. I absolutely adore a good cup of coffee from a coffee shop but, chocolate is something I eat more often.
9. Lose the sense of smell or taste?
That’s a tough one. Smell I suppose? Smell and taste go hand in hand so, without one you really lose a significant amount of the other. I love everything about eating and cooking so, my taste has to stay if I had to pick.
My nominations are…
So now onto my questions.
As I’m a new blogger and love food, I would like to ask the above nominations the following questions…
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What is your favourite topic to write about?
- What are your goals as a blogger?
- How do you manage to fit blogging around your job and/or education?
- How do you utilise social media to drive traffic to your blog?
- What is your favourite meal to cook for other people?
- What is your guilty food pleasure?
- What is your least favourite cuisine in general?
- Have you been reading any books this year and if so, do you have any recommendations?
- Have you been watching any food or lifestyle series of Netflix and if so, do you have any recommendations?
- If you like to cook, do you have any recipes that you would recommend I try?